Renew your motor vehicle registration online!

Online Vehicle Renewal

Additional Motor Vehicle Information

NOTICE: Recording Fee Change Effective July 1st, 2010

HB 1007, which amends 30-1-103 (1) and (4) C.R.S., has been signed into law by Governor Bill Ritter Jr. and will take effect on July 1st, 2010.  This amendment makes recording fees uniform on a statewide basis, thereby eliminating confusion for submitters.  The passage of this law will have the following impacts on documents recorded in our office:

$11.00 for the first page (this includes the $1 surcharge) and $5.00 for each additional page for recording standard (letter, legal) sized documents.

This fee adjustment will NOT impact the following documents: Oversized documents (Plats, Land Survey Plats), Federal Tax Liens, UCC's and Mining Claims.  The fees for recording these documents will remain the same. 

Recording Services

Public Records Search

Free Service
Our online public records search covers all indexing data (no images) from recorded documents between November 1977 to current.  

Paid Service
If you are interested in having access to the document images online; those are available through our paid web and ftp services .  

Copy Requests
Document copies can be obtained by using our copy request eForm or by stopping by our office and using the public research room.

Escrow Account Login

Escrow agents are those who have setup pre-paid accounts with us for our document copy and recording services.  Anytime you have a fee based transaction with us, the money is withdrawn from your escrow account saving you time.  The escrow agent login service allows you to view your current balance and transaction history directly online.

Civil Union License Kiosk - COMING SOON!

Effective May 1, 2013, civil union licenses became available in Colorado. Until our online kiosk is available, please stop by our office to complete the application and receive your license. For additional civil union license information please click here.

Marriage License Kiosk

Getting married?  Colorado makes it very easy to obtain a license and get married in our beautiful state - state statute even allows couples to marry themselves! By filling out the required information with our online marriage application kiosk you will save a few minutes of time when you stop by our office to obtain the license.  For additional marriage license information please click here.

Birth and Death Records
Birth and Death records for Pitkin County are kept with the Garifled County Clerk and Recorder in Glenwood Springs.

Divorce Decrees
Divorce Decrees are kept with the Pitkin County District Court.

Recording Services

Other  C&R services

Additional Resources